Wednesday, June 13, 2012

So, my fire alarms decided to wake me up this morning....at 5AM!!! And it's not just one, they all go off if one of them does. And I'm sorry, did I say "wake up?"  I meant jolt up with fury and almost piss myself. Ugghhh.....and to make matters worse I didn't even have Mike there to console me or figure out what was wrong, so there I was shaking and scared at 5am trying to figure out where the fire was or what in the HELL was going on. Well, no fire....and they only stayed on for about 35 seconds so I headed back upstairs.  It wasn't five seconds after getting back into my room that they did it again!! AHHHH!!! At this point I called Mike, I didn't care if he was awake or not, I needed someone to tell me I wasn't crazy and give me an idea of why the heck this was happening.  He was already up the weird morning man that he is and proceeded to tell me to look at them and see if any of them were beeping (NO) and if they were blinking. Well the one in our bedroom was, so I guess it's the battery??? Ok, when batteries in fire alarms go bad aren't they supposed to make a beeping "hey I'm about to die and set off all the alarms in the house" noise??? Guess not. And I suppose even though we are living in 2012, they still choose to use 9Volt batteries....ummm...WHY??? No one ever has 9V! (well at least I didn't until I go shopping this afternoon and buy out the store)  So, needless to say, I couldn't fall back asleep, I just laid there looking at that blinking red light waiting for it to go off again like a scared child. Geez....well that's one way to start off the day.

On another note, we are getting closer to the day of finding out :) I am trying to stay positive and I feel as though I am doing a pretty good job of it, but I am also trying to keep myself prepared at the same time to not have a breakdown God forbid it doesn't go the way we want it to.  I guess when you have been trying for so long you get that way.  The first 3-6 months, you are SO positive.  I mean, we spend our whole lives as women trying NOT to get pregnant and then all of a sudden you want to so you expect it's just gonna magically and easily happen. (well for some women it does easily happen, but for some not so much)  Anyways, once you hit the 6-12 month mark of trying and not succeeding you almost don't want to get your hopes up because it's so much harder to have them fall.  Either way, I am trying to keep my head up and be ready for anything. I mean, there really ISN'T a reason that it shouldn't have worked...I mean, I had medications, hormones, multiple eggs, and what I like to call super sperm: only the good guys all being valeted in the right direction :)

Tomorrow is also the day that my sister gives birth to the first boy in our family!! Mr. Benjamin should be joining us in the world around 7:30am tomorrow!  Can't wait to hold that little booger and take him to the driving range :) (ok ok, so I will have to wait a few years for the driving range, but a girl can dream right?!)

Happy Wednesday-Hump day!! We are almost done with another week and closer to July...isn't that crazy how fast time flies??

No comments:

Post a Comment